- What personally-identifiable information (PII) is collected through the website and how it is used.
- Choices available to you regarding the use of your information.
- Security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information.
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information collected.
PII Collection, Use, and Sharing
- We only have access to PII (personally-identifiable information) that you voluntarily provide through the form on my Contact Melissa page or the comment form on my blog pages.
- We will use your information only to respond to you regarding the reason you contacted me.
- We are the sole recipient of the information collected on this site and we do not sell, rent, or otherwise distribute this information to anyone.
Your Access to and Control over your PII
You may opt out of any future contacts from me at any time. You can do the following at any time by contacting my office via email address, postal address, phone or fax number as provided on each page of my website (also listed at the bottom of this document):
- Learn what data I have on file about you, if any.
- Change/correct any data I have about you.
- Have me delete any data I have about you.
- Express any concern you have about my use of your data.
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline.
Only associates who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, reply to a contact form, send out a newsletter, webmaster access for site maintenance) are granted access.
Computers/servers in which personally-identifiable information is stored are kept in a secure environment. Anti-malware software is used to protect important data, including any personally-identifiable information of my clients. Strong password protection is used at all access levels.
This website uses a “cookie” that collects anonymous traffic data (Google Analytics.)
A cookie is a piece of data stored on a site visitor’s hard drive (through their browser, i.e. Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, etc.) to help improve visitor access to my site and identify visitor trends. Usage of this cookie is in no way linked to any personally-identifiable information.
Browsers can be set to accept or reject cookies or notify you when a cookie is being sent. Rejecting cookies should not cause a problem with this site; however, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of some other sites.
To disable cookies In FireFox, choose Tools > Options > Privacy and look for cookie settings. In Internet Explorer, choose Tools > Internet Options > Privacy. In other browsers, please check the documentation of that browser for how to change the cookie settings.
My website and services are directed to individuals who are at least 13 years of age or older. Since I do not collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age, and by posting this notice, I am in compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act).
Third Party Links
This web site may, at times, contain links to other sites (e.g, suggested relevant reading). Please be aware that I am not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such sites. I encourage my site users to read the privacy policies of these sites and be aware of their privacy information collection practices.
- Contact form: via the Contact Melissa page
- Telephone: (914) 767-0438
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Postal mail: Melissa Goodstein, Esq., 135 Bedford Road, Katonah, NY 10536